Friday, October 30, 2015

Ice Skating Penguin

I know it's Halloween Eve & a little early for Christmas but my friend Gerriann at Scrap and Stamp Creations was hosting a Christmas Card Swap!!  We have a fun bunch of gals that get together on Monday's to chat & craft along with Gerriann during her UStream broadcasts.

About the Swap:  Gerriann has a big heart & agreed to facilitate our desire to share our crafty talents with each other.   Swaps are great fun & rewarding. However, they are a lot of work for the coordinator.  In return for my 9 cards I'll receive 1 card from each of the other crafty ladies participating in my group.  So you can expect a follow up post sharing those cards here in a couple of weeks.    

About the Card:  I stamped, die cut  & colored these little Lawn Fawn Penguins weeks ago but just couldn't pull together a card.  The original idea was playful - bright green card base, candy stripes of lime greens, pinks & reds, glittered snow flakes.  Totally scrapped that idea....

Luckily I was inspired by Sandy Allnock's  Interactive Rainbow Ride video..  Loving the end result! My penguin now skates atop a snowy hill (Spellbinders Elegant Designs) just like that little fox on the rainbow.

The white card base was too plain so I inked the edges with Evergreen Bough distress inks.  Then made up a few envelopes with matching liners using my Envelope Punch Board.  

I hope the card recipient will enjoy playing with their ice skater as much is I did!

Lawn Fawn's Winter Penguin



No comments:

Post a Comment