Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day - Just Jump

Ever have a block?  Run up against a deadline without a clue how or the motivation to meet it?   It wears on your soul.  My advice, just jump!!!

This month's adorable digi from Gerda Steiner Designs is doing just that.  He's jumping rope.  The images below are a work in progress but my point is it's a start.  I got my head so tangled up with work & piles of unfinished projects that I forgot to stop, breath & color.

So I tried something new (for me).  I blended a few distress inks - crushed olive, tea dye & spun sugar - on nina card stock before printing my digi images.  The intent is to eventually have a few small tags for Easter goodies.


Here's a close up of the two I colored using my prismacolor pencils.  He's so stinking cute.  Look at the joy on that little guy.  Of course he'll make his debut over at Gerda Steiner Designs February Challenge

So join me this leap day & just jump!
I leave you with my favorite quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the FIRST STEP."

No comments:

Post a Comment