Saturday, January 30, 2016

Won't You Be Mine?

Oh my goodness, where has the first month of 2016 gone... Can you believe Valentine's Day is only 2 weeks away?

January just flew by & of course the stores threw up that Valentine's Day decor before we'd finished our Christmas dinner!   I've never been a fan of pink & my daughter has long outgrown valentines, yet I find myself drawn to that aisle.  Perhaps it's the fond memories of carefully decorated cup cakes & placing hand chosen cards into the paper bags taped to each classmate's desk. 

Gerda's January image Love You Kitten reminded me of those little valentine cards we punched out & 'delivered' to our friends at school back in the day.  So I shrunk the image down, colored my kitten with prisma color pencils, then wrote in the BE MINE with an old school white Sakura Gelly Roll pen, fussy cut out the image & popped it up on some foam tape.  The card is roughly 2x4 top folded.

Don't you just love this sweet little kitten?   I'll be entering my Little Valentine Card in Gerda Steiner's Monthly Challenge   Gerda is also having a Guest Design Team Call so do take time to see the lovely projects the ladies have entered by clicking this link Guest Designer Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment