Saturday, November 28, 2015

Get Moving!!

MOVEMBER is November's challenge at Words to Scrap By: Changing the Face of Men's Health.  I know that after 30+ years at a desk job my health is suffering.  As my husband & I  age we struggle to stay active outdoors.  He  always had very physical jobs & was extremely active.  His tendency, like many men I know, is to  ignore his declining  health rather than be proactive.

I'm inspired by Jim the Gentlemen Crafter's new exercise regimen.  Jim's posts of his daily walk on social media are encouraging. So even though I'm late to the party my goal is to get in 2-3 walks during this week and build back up to that minimum 20 minutes a day before the Holidays.   No need to wait for 2016 to make a resolution!

Now back to Words to Scrap By challenge.  Pleased to see Kristie Marcotte The Best Things in Life are Pink as a guest designer at W2SB this month!  All my fellow OWH alumni will recognize her from those awesome 6x6 tutorials.  She made a gorgeous card using a brusho background.

I created a clean & simple card by combining a few scraps of Graphic 45 Come Away With Me with a vintage Tim Holz image for the W2SB challenge.  Thanks for stopping by.  Time to get moving!!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool card with all the different pattern papers. LOVE!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Words 2 Scrap By. hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, First of all, kudos to you and your husband for embracing the movement part of Movmeber! Secondly, I agree 100% with Penny's thoughts. This paper is adorable, and I love that Tim Holtz image! Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mix of patterns for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, Congratulations on your selection as our Movember W2SB winner! Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com. :)

    ReplyDelete