Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fall is in the Air

I love Autumn!!  The crisp mornings, leaves changing colors, pumpkin spice lattes.  Break out that fall decor, spice scented candles, crock pot dinners    Let's usher in another school year & football season. And of course we can't forget Halloween!.  Little costumed people excitedly dashing about in the dark.

This happy homage to Halloween features an adorably sweet little witch for Gerda Steiner's September Monthly Challenge .  Isn't she adorable?    My camera just doesn't do it justice.

I colored her with my Prisma Color Pencils then fussy cut her out & popped her onto a distressed ink background. Her 'jet stream' is silver embroidery floss.  I printed out that fun sentiment in Word using a font titled 'The Speed of Oatmeal'.   And the house was my biggest challenge.  I don't own a fancy machine so I traced an image onto DCWV Halloween paper, pieced in those windows (colored with a brilliant yellow highlighter) then added some details with my Prisma Color Pencils.


No comments:

Post a Comment